Today we went to Burlington. We had to go to the mall for the six month check up on our engagement and wedding rings. We didn't want to drive the whole way over there just for a few minutes in the mall so we decided to spend some time on the waterfront (of Lake Champlain) too. I packed us a picnic lunch and we took a partial loaf of rye bread (that we both decided was not all that yummy) to feed to the birds. We looked into riding the Ethan Allen boat, but it was a cloudy day and looked like it might rain so we didn't waste our money on that. Some day when its sunny and warm it would be fun to do that though.
This is a picture of the ferry heading out...I guess to go across to New York:
Then we fed some ducks too, but the seagulls kept stealing the bread from them.
On the way over I was saying how I wanted to see a moose. Groton heights is a great place to see them but I hadn't' seen one for quite a while. Then on the way home guess what we saw!! :)
A moose! He was a young male, no antlers....I think he might have been last year's baby maybe.
It was a fun memorial day :)





No comments:
Post a Comment