Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I was so proud of myself yesterday afternoon. I never thought successfully running errands in a timely manner would be something to be proud of. Before the doctors appt I was able to go to the town clerk and get Lydia's birth certificate and go to walmart to get some diapers and make a stop at the bank. And I made it to the doctors on time. I was feeling good about myself because Lydia was still asleep and happy and it looked like we'd make it the whole way back home before she woke up and needed to eat again. After sitting in the waiting room at the doctors for over a half hour my good spirits were beginning to fade. I'm not one to cause problems and hate confrontation but I actually got up and asked the receptionist if they had forgotten about us. She said "no, your chart is up". I smiled and very nicely said 'ok, thank you'...even though I felt like saying 'I want to go HOME!'. Our appt was supposed to be at 3:30 and we never even saw the doctor till almost five. That is absolutely ridiculous! Needless to say Lydia woke up when we got her undressed to be weighed and then she was hungry. I fed her enough after the appt to help her make it home but then when we got home she was asleep again from the car ride so her eating schedule for the evening got messed up again. It didn't turn out too bad though, she was back on track by bedtime so we had a pretty good night. So our little girl weighed 8 lbs 1 oz. That is almost a whole pound more than a week ago. The doctor seemed happy with her weight gain and everything else. Of course the doctor was only in the room with us for like five minutes, which is really annoying when you've waited over an hour to see her. (grrr) I really like our doctors, they are very nice people and very helpful and willing to answer questions and all of that but I almost feel like trying to find another place to go that we don't have to wait so long. I don't know though, maybe all doctors are like that. They shouldn't be though, it is very unkind to think your patients have nothing better to do than sit around waiting for you for hours.
Oh well, today we don't have to go anywhere. I like not having to go anywhere. :) Right now this is what everyone is doing...sleeping:


A little later we are all going to go for a walk. My goal is to make it to the pond and back today. :) I still have about 12 pounds to lose. If Lydia can gain a pound a week then I should be able to lose a pound a week, right? ;) :)

No comments: