Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lydia is doing a great job of sleeping at night now. ...for now. She is up in the evenings until about 10 then is ready to go to sleep. For the last two nights she has slept from about 10 till around 2 then is asleep again by 3 and goes till around 5. I like this pattern as far as sleeping goes but the four hours between 10 and 2 can get pretty uncomfy for me. I did try to wake her up at 1 this morning to eat but she wanted to sleep more. Neither Jake nor I slept well at all last night even though Lydia did. She had a really really fussy time yesterday evening for about two hours. This is the first time she has cried for no apparent reason and nothing we could do really calmed her down much. I know this is normal for babies but it was upsetting because it was the first time it happened. I think I didn't sleep good because I was worried about her. I did notice that her breathing is weird sometimes when she is sleeping and she makes a lot of noises. The one thing that worries me is that she gags sometimes when she is sleeping. I noticed this during the day also at times. I don't know why she does it, she doesn't spit up or anything...its more like her tongue gets in the way or something, I don't know. I'm sure its all normal but this baby thing is all new to me. So I spent a lot of time listening to her sleep and talking to God about how I should be trusting Him to take care of her. I'm not sure why Jake didn't sleep good though. I feel bad because he has to get up and go to work even when he doesn't sleep well and I can take a nap during the day. I guess thats just part of having a family.
Well, I'm going to try to accomplish something today...just not sure what yet. Mom and I weeded the entire garden yesterday. That made me happy, it needed to be done very badly. I haven't been taking much of anything for pain now and feel almost normal as far as the healing from the c-section goes. :) :) yay.

No comments: