Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

We had a great walk today. We made it to the pond with no problem. I thought about going further but then I told myself I better not because I had to walk back too. When we got home I decided the pond was a good distance for now. I think its about two miles round trip. I'm hoping in another week I'll be able to go to the farm and back which is four miles round trip. It sounds so pathetic that I'm proud of going two miles...ugh. Shirley and I used to go six miles every evening. The other factor is in how fast I'm walking too. I'm not going nearly as fast as I used to. I feel bad for Lydia in the stroller with her little head bouncing all around every time we hit a rock (which is pretty often on a dirt road). I put the blanket at her head to support it but it still was wiggly. She didn't seem to mind, she slept the whole time. I tried to put her in the snugli carrier for the walk but she didn't like it. I think she needs to be a little bigger and maybe be able to hold her own head up before we use that a lot.
Proof that we made it to the pond today:


On the way back Peanut got tired so I let her ride in the bottom of the stroller. She liked it a lot! She didn't even want to get out when we got home. lol


When Jake gets home from work this evening we are going to take another walk. :) We start out walking together then Jake runs ahead and back to me then we walk back home together. Yesterday was the first time we did that but its supposed to become a routine now. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Congrats on the baby girl!!!! Cara just told me that you had a baby and I was like wow! I need to catch up with you. She is absolutely beautiful. Isnt it so wonderful knowing that you helped create this little life. I had a csection too with my first because she was breech. We did try the version though, and it didnt work. She got as far as my ribs and then back to breech. Actually, Ive had two other csections since then and will have another in November. 4 kids...Im crazy. We have two almost three girls and one little boy. Poor guy, gonna be the only man other than daddy. Congrats again, I am so excited for you!! ~Jen (Grove)