Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 12, 2008

It doesn't seem like a whole week since we had Lydia. I guess thats why they say they are all grown up before you know it. Lydia sure is growing. We had a weight check yesterday at the doctors and they said she weighs 6 lbs 11 oz. The nurse wrote that on her chart and when the doctor came in and read it he went out to check the scales. I don't think the scales are right...at least not the same as the scales at the hospital. When we left on Wednesday they said she weighed 6 lbs 1 oz. I can tell she gained some weight but I really don't think she gained 10 ounces in two days. We'll have another weight check next monday on the doctor's scales so that will give us a better idea of her progress. She is still eating good and pooping good but she is NOT sleeping good. Well, she is sleeping good but only during the day. She is awake a lot at night and a little fussy. Last night I wasn't able to go to sleep till 12:15 then she was up again from 4-6. I finally woke up Jake and told him to hold her so I could sleep. I guess he held her for almost an hour before she finally went to sleep again. Then in the morning after she had her first feeding I laid her down and then I got some rest on the sofa. Everyone kept going in to look at her and said she was awake just laying there looking around. grrr...why cant' she do that at night instead of having to be held when she is awake? I have to say I was a bit frustrated with her last night. I feel bad to be frustrated with her, it makes me sad. Then today everyone was doing projects around the house. Dad was putting up siding and Mom and Jake were painting. I tried to take a walk with Lydia and Peanut but didn't make it very far before I had to come back. So I'm feeling pretty useless and that makes me sad too. I guess being so tired makes me sad too. So I'm grumpy and sad today....which I guess is sorta normal for a week after having a baby. But I still love my little Lydia Joy. :) :)
So, I have a few pictures to share.

One of Jake pulling our church float in the fourth of July parade last Friday:


The main reason we put a float in the parade is so we can pass out invitations to our vacation Bible school. They handed out 1000 balloons and 1000 tracts and I don't know how many invitations. VBS starts on Monday. It will be exciting to see if they get any new kids this year.


Peanut and Buddy must be feeling the effects of having a little sister. They decided they better bond with each other:


Actually, Peanut is having a little bit of a hard time with it. Mostly because she is feeling neglected. She hasn't really shown any feelings towards Lydia. She had licked her head a few times but nothing else. Last night Peanut was following me around jumping up and down and barking at me. I couldn't figure out what in the world she wanted. Finally I followed her to the mudroom where her leash was hanging by the door. She bit her leash and looked at me. I laughed so hard. She has never ever asked to go for a walk before. We were in the living room talking about how to go for a walk and she ran out to the mudroom again and bit the leash and ran back to me. We decided to take her for a walk with Lydia in the stroller but then Lydia woke up and wanted to eat so Jake ended up taking her on his own. I felt bad for Peanut. We used to take walks every day and she loves them. She'll get to do it again, just as soon as I can take her.


And, of course, a picture or two of Lydia:
This is from yesterday. Mom wanted a picture of her sleeping and right when I pushed the button she smiled!! :)

And this is what she is doing right this minute...resting up so she can be awake all night tonight (notice her little John Deere socks that her Nana Clough got her). :) :)

No comments: