Today Lydia and I went to the hospital to have her blood drawn to check her thyroid levels again. They were off a little when she was born because of me having thyroid problems. They are re-checking to see if she has regulated her thyroid on her own. Hopefully she has so she doesn't have to go on any medication. After the torture of the blood draw we went and visited an older lady from church who is in the hospital with a broken leg. She was very excited to see Lydia so I was glad I decided to stop in to see her. :) After the hospital I stopped by the Jeep dealer to see if they could do anything with our Jeep. It hasn't sold yet and we really need to get rid of it. We've had a few calls but no one wants it. The guy at Walkers said that the wholesale guy who takes his used stuff is coming this week sometime and he will take him to look at it. He said he'd call with an offer on it. I told him it didn't really matter what he offered we would probably take anything because we just need to sell it. So we'll see what happens with that. Hopefully we can get a little something for it at least. We also stopped in at the doctors office to pick up a book on breastfeeding. The doctor had said I could borrow it but forgot to give it to me on Monday but they called and said they had it at the front desk for me so I stopped for that. I haven't looked at it yet but its really big so it must have lots of information in it. Things are going better than they were with that but it will be good to read more on the subject.
I measured Lydia this afternoon. She is around 21 inches now. She is just growing and growing. I can't believe it! She has been pretty fussy for the last day or so though. I don't know why. It bothers me when she is upset and I can't do anything for her. Last night she was awake from about 11 till 1:30. That was annoying because I was really sleepy but she just wouldn't go to sleep. She ate a few times and had some burps and some messy diapers but mostly I think she just wanted to be held. I wonder if she is getting spoiled by being held too much? I did leave her in her bed to cry a few times last night but after listening to her for five minutes or so I couldn't stand it anymore. I'm sure if she is crying there must be something bothering her. She is too young to understand cause and effect...right?? Maybe not though because she was just asleep in her seat and started crying now I'm holding her and she is fine so maybe she does just want to be held and knows if she cries thats what will happen. I don't know...I'm new at this. :) Oh well, we'll learn as we go.
Here are a few pictures of her from this afternoon. See how much bigger she is?!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment