Yesterday in the mail we got our explanation of benefits from the insurance company for Lydia's birth and our stay at the hospital. Lydia owed them $4300 and I owed them $9733. Our insurance paid ALL of it except for a $100 co-pay for the hospital stay. Needless to say I am VERY happy that Jake works for the federal government and has good benefits. We may complain about them paying him below the poverty level (which is set by the same people who pay him) but I think they just might make up for that with the benefits. If we were still on my old insurance we would have had to pay a large percentage of those bills. If the federal government is going to pay for us to have babies we may as well plan on having a bunch more right??! :) :) :) So today I am thankful for health insurance.
Lydia has been more fussy lately. I read that if a baby is colic you KNOW it. You won't say "well, I think my baby might be colicky". So, I don't think she is colic, I think she is just fussy. I don't know why. She isn't always fussy, just maybe three or four times a day for 15 minutes. Once a day it may last for an hour. This morning at 2:00 she started crying and wouldn't calm down so I put her in the crib and left her. She cried for about 15 minutes then went to sleep. I don't think this is child abuse...what else should I do?? There is just a little more to this baby thing than some might think. lol
Speaking of crying babies...I must go. :)





1 comment:
My London was ALWAYS fussy so I totally feel where you are coming from. Today she is almost 5 and shes still fussy. Doesnt mean Lydia will be, London is just...different lol. I love her wittle belly...to cute.
btw..if you want a bunch of kids, you can certainly borrow three of mine anytime!! :)
Post a Comment