The baby shower this afternoon was so nice! There were about 30 people there, which was more than I thought would come. Mrs. Chamberland and Jean did such a wonderful job and put so much effort into it putting it all together. They did a farm theme and came up with some really cute things for decorations.
They had a barnyard set up with a
bird feeder barn and cupcakes as the fence with little animals inside:

The cupcakes (which, of course, had green and yellow frosting) had little animal, barn and tractor candles on them:

There were little farm animals and tractors on all the tables and the napkins had the cutest little farm scene on them:

Mrs.
Chamberland made a diaper cake with bibs around the top and a little stuffed cow and a few teething rings on it too. It must have taken a LOT of work to make it, each diaper was rolled up and rubber-banded and then each layer was put together with rubber bands too. The center was a bottle of baby shampoo and also one of those
stackable ring toys. I was impressed! :) :

She also made these extremely cute flowers out of fruit. What a great idea!!!:

We played some fun games, including one where everyone got a little cup with a barnyard animal frozen into ice inside. We had to race to see who could "give birth" to their animal the fastest. The ice had to be completely melted to win but you couldn't touch the ice with your fingers...only hold the cup or blow in it, things like that. I didn't win. :)
Then we had gifts, of course. I always feel so awkward with people watching me open gifts. I feel like they are all bored out of their minds. But I got a lot of neat and useful things.
Jean made this blanket that looks like a cow. The horns are stuffed and it has a tail and everything, it is so cute. I said I hate to let Baby get it all dirty but she said it'll wash :) She said she had a really hard time not telling me about it before the shower, lol.

Another lady had this neat idea to put little clothes on a clothes line in a laundry basket:
And a few more pictures of me opening things:


So, it was great...much, much more than I expected. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment