Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY FATHERS DAY, DAD!!!
When I wrote a tribute to Mom on Mothers day the things I wrote could easily apply to Dad too. He had just as much commitment to our family as Mom. I can look around and see how other Dads are with their kids and see how my Dad really cared about us and was intentional about taking time with us. I remember lots of times he'd get home from work and be tired but he'd still go out in the yard and play ball or something with us. He was committed to our spiritual development too, which I am very thankful for. He was the one who had devotions with us in the evenings and he even got the neighbor kids in on it sometimes if they were over playing. I remember lots of times as I got older he'd be reading his Bible in the mornings at the table when we got up. I am so thankful to have had a Dad who wanted to raise his family for the Lord. I remember all the trips to the mountains when we were kids and the fun we had there. Dad would take us out on hikes and stuff, it was great. I remember the few times he dared to take me hunting...he had to have known he wouldn't be successful when he took me but he did anyway. I wish I could find that picture I took of him when were in a tree stand once. I was sitting at his feet and I was bored so I started taking pictures. I got a great 'up the nose' picture of him. I remember some deer did come through there but I scared them away. And the other time he took me to the hog farm to hunt and I got bored so he sent me back to the van to wait for him but I wanted to look at the pigs so I was walking around and I scared the deer away. But he still took me along even after a track record like that. :) Then there are all the things Dad has done for me since I moved up here to Vermont, especially since I bought this house. Any wallpaper in the house has been hung by Dad. The bathroom upstairs is all because of Dad. The workbench in the garage, the wash line and basketball hoop (mostly..with help from Jake), the vinyl siding on the front of the house and probably lots of other things I can't even think of right now. He has always been ready and willing to help do stuff around here even though he is supposed to be on vacation when hes here.
I am just so thankful to have a Dad like mine...he is the best Dad ever! Not just because of the things he's done for me or with me, but because he loves me...and I love him. :)

No comments: