Peanut has been acting strange the last two days, very clingy and needy and whiny about everything. You know how they say animals can sense things like tornadoes or earthquakes? I wonder if Peanut can sense that Baby is coming or that things are going to be changing. The oddest thing is that she's been getting up in the morning with Jake and doesn't want to sleep in anymore...kinda irritating for those of us who DO want to sleep in. :) :)
This week has been, and is continuing to be, a very busy week! We have a special speaker at church every night this week so we are out every evening. The speaker is Mr. Long from Rock of Ages Prison Ministry again. We had him here last year for a week also. He is a interesting, entertaining yet thought-provoking speaker. I've been enjoying the services even though he always goes a half hour "over time" and the pews in the church are not at all comfortable, especially when you are 8+ months pregnant. :) We didn't get to go to the service last night because we had our birthing class. It was the last class for both of us, next week is just for the moms to learn about breastfeeding. :) We also had a drs appt yesterday afternoon. We talked to the doctor about Baby being breech and our options. Of course she "pushed" to try the external version so we have an appt tomorrow afternoon for a consult with a local doctor is apparently good at them. I still don't really want to do it but I'll at least talk to him about it, maybe he'll change my mind. Our regular doctor did say that even if he starts to do the version and I am uncomfortable about it he will stop if I want him to and that they never take unnecessary risks when trying a version. If I do decide to try it they want to do it as soon as possible...before Baby gets any bigger in there! :)
Between our doctors appt and our birthing class last night we made a few stops. First we went by Ernie and Helen's house...we parked the Jeep there for better exposure so it will hopefully sell but it was too close to the road so we had to move it back. We've had two calls about it but nothing serious. We really need to get that thing sold!!!! Then we went eat at the Sunny Garden. It is a chinese restaurant. Jake has been convinced that he hates chinese food, which is understandable since he doesn't' like rice. I really wanted to eat there though because its been forever since I had chinese so he gave in. :) He actually liked it! :) We got the pu pu platter and a dish of chicken chow mien. I really wanted fried rice but I figured I better not try to make him eat rice on our experimental voyage into chinese food. Next time (yes, NEXT time) I will get fried rice. :) After that we still had a little time before our class so we stopped by walmart and got food for Buddy. $20 of food for a cat...ugh. Of course, it will last him two months or more but still...I'd rather buy food for us humans with that money than for a cat. Oh well, he IS cute. :)
I've been picking strawberries like crazy the last few days. I can't keep up with them! It has been really rainy and wet so a lot of them have gotten rotten or moldy but even at that I've already had to freeze 10 or so quarts and we've been eating lots of them. I picked a bunch today to take to church to give away. I think one of the guys Jake works with is going to come pick some too.
I think thats all for today.





1 comment:
Who doesn't like rice? I LOVE rice. It's a staple here in the Patterson household. :)
Post a Comment