Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 12, 2008

I just picked our first two strawberries of the season!! I am so excited to eat them!!!!! I am trying to restrain myself until Jake gets home (he went over to church to help paint for a few hours) so he can enjoy one with me. If the squirrels don't get into them again this year it looks like we will have a nice crop. :) :) YUMMY!! :) I can't wait to put them on vanilla ice cream!!

On Tuesday night we had a really bad storm. A lot of trees were blown over and a lot of people lost power. We never did lose power, but part of the big tree between our house and our neighbor's fell. I noticed that the woodpecker had been at it so I knew it was probably rotten, but I didn't think the middle of it would fall like it did. It just missed our neighbor's house. I guess now they are going to take down the rest of it too. I feel sad for the tree...and for us because the tree was a really good screen between our house and theirs and also the road. Good thing I've been planting lilacs along there for the last two years. :) I guess you can't really see the part that fell because of the way the sun is shining in the picture, but that is part of the tree laying down in their yard there.


I feel I've gotten enough accomplished this week to call it a good week. I got the porch all cleaned, including the 13 windows both inside and out. I washed the vinyl siding along the front of the house and the garage door too. Today I took down all the curtains in the house and washed them, hung them out to dry then pressed them and hung them back up. I also washed all the windows in the house today. There are 15 windows. There will be 18 windows once the master bedroom and bath are done. This is new information to me...I had never counted them before. Interesting, huh? :-)

Tomorrow I plan to take the kayak out to the pond and paddle around. If it gets warm enough I'll go swimming too. It was too cool today for swimming. Isn't it odd that two days ago we were roasting to death and now it is cool again? I read that swimming might help Baby to turn too since being in the water take pressure off of her and lets her move more freely. I could try standing on my head in the water...one website said that might help. lol

No comments: