Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I got a few ideas at the craft fairs we went to today. One was key chains made of ribbon and beads, pretty simple. The other was paper quilling. I am rather excited about this. I had never heard of it before today. You can make really cool designs and pictures and such all by coiling paper. I am going to try it by using paper out of the paper shredder at church before I invest anything into it. If that goes well I'd like to get a beginner kit and maybe a book of designs or something. But for now I found a website with some designs to try. I'm going to take some construction paper to church tomorrow and ask to use the shredder. lol, kinda a funny request when all I have to shred is blank paper...then I'll want to get it out of the can. lol :) :) Here are two websites that show things you can do with paper quilling : http://www.whimsiquills.com/servlet/the-template/Free%20Quilling%20Patterns/Page. (I really like the sunflowers toward the bottom of the page on the previous site)
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.myquilling.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/quilled-shapes.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.myquilling.com/quilling-instructions-shaping-your-coils&h=515&w=393&sz=24&tbnid=wyEKxlZFrQAJ::&tbnh=131&tbnw=100&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpaper%2Bquilling&hl=en&usg=__JKQXL-KGYjOPx5V-eU1te7HUrm4=&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=4&ct=image&cd=1 (that really long link shows some of the basic designs used to make things)
Check it out, its really cool! :)

No comments: