I've really had a good last few days. Lydia has been a very good girl lately. Yesterday I was working on my curtains for the dining room and she has been very good about playing by herself. Kelly is helping me with the sewing part of the curtains since I doubt I can sew a straight line. I am very excited to see how they come out. I'm just afraid they won't be nice after all the work we are putting into them. I've never made anything before! I used the curtains in the living room as a start then I made a paper pattern to fit the dining room windows. I haven't cut any fabric yet...I'm scared to. :) :) I'm going to rinse, dry and iron it today so it is ready then I need to get something for the lining before I start cutting. I think I am going to use sheets for the lining, that may be cheaper than material (that was Kelly's idea, I never would have thought of that on my own). I'll post more pictures sometime.
Tuesday was a good day. Jake was home so that made it very nice. We went and looked at that house in the morning. It is not as nice as our house, although it has 4 bedrooms upstairs and one down so it is bigger. It is livable but would need a lot to make it 'modern'. The realtor then came and looked through our house. He is going to send us some comparisons to see how much ours might be worth. ...not that we are selling but I'm curious if its value is higher since I've done so much work to it.
After looking at the house we went to the farm for a little while. We got milk and visited for a little. Their dog, Lacy, got glaucoma in her one eye. It came on really fast and now she is probably going to be blind in that eye. They are treating both eyes hoping to save a little of her sight. I felt so bad for her on Tuesday, she was so sad. Yesterday she was lots happier though and you could see she was compensating for her sight by listening to things.
Then we went to Littleton to look at flooring. We found one we like so we'll use the same thing in both the kitchen/dining room and the mudroom. I hope it won't look silly having the same floor in both rooms. But there will be a little strip in the doorway to separate them a little. I called Kevin to find out how much it would be for them to lay it for us. All together its a lot less than I thought it would be so I think we'll be able to get it done. That makes me very happy. :) :) :)
Al G Wong is doing a wonderful job of keeping the fish tank clean. He zips all around sucking on things...unlike Algernon who just sorta hung out and moved very slowly. Al is fun to watch. :)
I better go. Lydia is getting hungry. She slept in with me until almost EIGHT this morning!!!!! It was very very nice. :) I actually feel rested. :) :) :)





No comments:
Post a Comment