Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Buddy is gone. I'm not sad. He was horrible when we tried to put him in the carrier for them to take him. I don't blame him for not wanting to go in it but his actions were a bit extreme. He tore open my stomach and Jake's wrist then peed all over the floor and was yowling. I'm glad I thought ahead enough to have him closed in on the porch before we tried to catch him. He was running all around and running into the windows trying to get out. I hope he makes it to her house without having a heart attack or something. Its probably going to take him a few days to recover from all of this. I don't think she'll probably see him for a while after he gets out of that crate. So Jake and I have treated our wounds and said good riddens to Buddy. I'll probably feel more sad later when he's not running around chasing his tail or laying upside down sleeping on the floor...after I get over him acting so dumb about the carrier. His new owner's name is Dawn. She is nice and I do think she'll give him a nice home. Considering she still wanted him after seeing him act like such a nut she must really like cats. I asked Jake last night if he thought she really just took free cats out of the paper and sold them to a Chinese restaurant or something. He didn't think so. :) She gave me her phone number and her email address so we can keep in contact so I know how he is doing. I thought that was very nice. I have no doubt she'll be calling with updates on him. :)
So that's over with.
Jake is out mowing the yard since we are having a rare few minutes of sun shine. I am watching the Olympics. I love the Olympics. Ever since I can remember whenever the Olympics were on I loved watching them. I love the gymnastics. I can't believe the stuff they do. I can't even do a cartwheel! :) I've been watching on the Canadian channel though because they show more events than NBC has been showing. I can only watch so much volleyball, you know? :)
Lydia hasn't been having a good morning. She is finally sleeping now. She was very very gassy last night but still managed to let us get pretty good sleep but then this morning she started spitting up and wouldn't stop. She had some projectile vomit too. I was reading that they sometimes develop this between 2 and 8 weeks if they have a problem with narrowing of the stomach before the intestines or something. It said if they do this after every feeding that it might require minor surgery. She has done it three times this week along with a lot of little spit ups. I'm sure its all normal baby stuff but she does seem to be spitting up a lot more as she gets older. But it could be because of a change in my milk I think too. I'm sure its all fine.
Well, back to the Olympics I go. :)

No comments: