Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Did you ever hear that kid song "nobody likes me, everybody hates me; I'm going to go eat worms"? I only heard it for the first time a few years ago. I think Jake was the one I heard it from. Well, sometimes I feel like that. I usually get over it pretty quickly and usually it happens to me on Sundays. Today it was brought on by being in the nursery with Lydia during the morning service and hearing the other two ladies talking about their friends and family and such. They were talking about the one kid in nursery having a birthday and one said to the other "did you get your invitation?" the other said "yes" and she said "yeah, so did I". And there I am sitting in the corner without an invitation. I didn't think it bothered me at the time but then as they kept talking about different things they had done with friends or family I started feeling more left out. The point isn't that we're not invited to things, I don't actually care about that. It just makes me sad sometimes that I don't have my family here. I know, I know...I'm the one who decided to move 500 miles away without regard to where my family all lived. But if I hadn't come here I wouldn't have learned so many great things or met Jake or had Lydia...so I'm very glad I live here and for what I have. I am very very very happy with and thankful for my little family right here in Vermont. But on Sundays I wish we had my parents and my brother and sister in law and my grandparents all at church with us. So we could say "yeah, we're going out to lunch after church" or "yeah, we're all going to play games this afternoon" or "we had such a great time together yesterday"....you know? Oh well. I AM thankful that I get to come home with my super wonderful husband and my cute little baby girl to have a restful afternoon together.


Lydia got to wear one of her cute little dresses to church this morning. Jake and I thought she looked GREAT in it. :)
I think this was the first time she smiled for a picture. She was looking at her daddy :) :)

1 comment:

cara said...

I know what you mean about wishing you lived near your family. I love my family, but I chose to move across the country! I sometimes wonder about that, but I know it was a good decision for my personal growth and stuff (well, *that* started with moving to Indiana for college). Just wish I could hang out with my parents more. :(