Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I put an ad in the paper to give Buddy away. The ad started running yesterday. I didn't think we'd actually get a call about him since everyone is giving away cats but someone called about him last night. The lady lives a little more than an hour south of here. She lives 'alone' with her two cats and one fish and wanted another cat. We talked on the phone for about 15 minutes. I am convinced she will give Buddy a good home. So she is coming on Saturday to pick him up. I've been going around the house gathering up his toys and putting them in a bag so he can take them with him. I think he knows. I feel pretty sad about seeing him go. I've had him since he was just a tiny kitten, for four years. It will be so nice to not have the cat hair everywhere and to not have to spend money on his food and litter and such. And I haven't been paying any attention to him lately anyway with taking care of Lydia and Peanut and Jacob. I think he will be happy in his new home. The lady sounds like she really loves her cats and is excited about having Buddy. From the sounds of it I couldn't have asked for a better home for him. I just hope she doesn't call and say she's changed her mind. My mom says it is an answer to prayer. *I* wasn't praying for Buddy to leave, lol, apparently she was. We were talking about how to find a perfect home for him though and this sounds like it is the one. God found what we needed and I didn't even ask Him. :) So, we have two more days with Buddy. Then I can clean and not have anymore cat hair...just dog hair. :)
In Lydia news...she did not sleep hardly at all last night. I don't know why. I was getting pretty frustrated by the time 2:00 rolled around. I don't think she felt good. She spit up some last night then this morning she puked up everything all over herself. She also had a really full diaper. I said something to Bonnie at the birthing center yesterday about how much gas she has been having and how uncomfortable it is making her. She said my milk could have changed some and she is just getting used to it. Lydia did finally have a good meal and went to sleep a few hours ago so maybe she is feeling better now. I, on the other hand, am still tired but can't sleep in the middle of the day. I love being a mommy!! :) :)
Yesterday we stopped at our fuel oil company and paid them for our winter fuel to heat the house. They have a pre-buy program, which I've never used before but thought with the way fuel prices have been maybe we should do it this year. It was such a hard decision to make. The pre-buy price was 20 cents more than the current price. If prices continue to go down then our pre-buy wasn't a good idea but if prices go back up then we are ahead of the game. We pre-bought 500 gallons. The nice thing is that we now have enough fuel paid for to get us through the winter so we don't have to worry about having monthly bills all winter. We are a little further ahead than we thought we would be so that makes me feel good too. I was planning on watching another baby starting the end of October. Now I'm starting to wonder if the little extra money each week will really be worth the hassle. But then Lydia will be older and hopefully on a better schedule by then so it might not be that hard...I don't know.
Happy Wednesday!!! :) :)

No comments: