Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 18, 2008

I just love it when I feel I got the most of something for my money. Today it was meat. Shaws was having a sale on meat just for today so I went to town this morning. There were lots of cars there and I saw three people I knew. :) I got two packages of hamburg (90%) , three whole chickens, two packages of bacon and two packages of boneless chicken breasts all for 46 dollars. According to my receipt that was a savings of 33 dollars. And its all good quality meat...unlike that disgusting looking burger I got at walmart a while back. The whole chickens were the best deal...only 79 cents a pound so I got three for almost the price one would have been. So guess what we are having for dinner tonight. :) Stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and carrots. Mmmmmmm! :)
Jake is mowing the church property today. He said it wouldn't take as long this time as it did in the spring but he isn't home yet. I guess our dinner will have to be warmed up when he gets home. Oh well. Lydia and I stopped to see him on our way home from the grocery store. She got her very first tractor ride. Jake said she liked it. :) :) Unfortunately I forgot my camera. I meant to take it but I forgot.
Lydia isn't all that impressed with me today. I am trying to keep her awake as much as possible. With all the excitement of having company she seems to have gotten her days and nights mixed up. I was up with her almost all night last night. She ended up sleeping in bed with me most of the night just so I could get a few hours of sleep. I don't think it helps that we are in the new bedroom down here and she is in her play pac instead of her cradle. She is going to have to get used to that. She has been awake a lot today so far. I had her in her saucer just now and she was crying and crying because she was sleepy but I told her she'd have to learn to sleep standing up or stay awake. I finally felt bad for her when she stopped crying and was sitting there with her head hanging down and a blank look on her face. Poor little girl. I put her in her swing..she was almost asleep before I had her set down. I feel bad for her but I feel worse when I don't get any sleep at night. She actually only cried in the saucer for about 10 minutes but it seemed like forever.
Well, I need to mash my taters. :) Happy Saturday! :)

1 comment:

cara said...

How do you make stuffed chicken? See, this is why you should post recipes. I don't know how to cook meat!