Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Its been a rough few days. I have a cold I guess, or a mild case of the flu. My throat is sore and I'm running a low fever. I've been taking ibuprofen since yesterday afternoon and that seems to be helping. Yesterday and last night I was so achy and had chills...not fun. I think Lydia is effected when I don't feel well. She was up a LOT last night. I had to get up and walk her around and bounce her at 2 this morning for about a half hour. She had gas. She seems to have gas a lot lately, especially between 2 and 5 in the mornings. She had this problem when she was younger then she got a lot better. I thought we were through with it but now its back again. I feel so bad for her when she is screaming...its hard on me and Jake too. She is back to being awake every three (or less) hours at night so no one is getting much rest. I thought we'd have this behind us by now since she is almost 4 months old. :::SIGH::: oh well, it can't last forever.
On Monday evening, for the first time since Lydia was born, I felt like I needed to get away from her. She was crying and I was just holding her wishing I didn't have to take care of her right then. I didn't realize at the time that I was coming down with this cold or whatever, I think that had something to do with how I felt. But I felt horrible for wanting to get away from her. Jake was doing stuff around the house and wouldn't take her from me. When he finally did take her she was really crying and wouldn't stop so I took her back. It was worse to listen to her cry than to just hold her myself. I was really upset about the whole situation, especially since Jake didn't understand at all how I was feeling. I guess this is part of learning how to be parents. I think we are going to try to have Kelly watch her tomorrow evening for a few minutes when we go to Helen's calling hours at the funeral home. It might do us good to get away even if its just for a half hour.
LOL...Lydia was just going to sleep on my lap and I had to get up to let Peanut back inside. When I moved Lydia she started crying and I said "you are such a baby"(I said it in a nice way, of course). I didn't even think about it before I said it...lol...I crack myself up. :) :) I guess even though she is as big as a six month old I need to keep remembering that she IS just a baby.
So, last night Rick and Kelly stopped by with some things for Lydia. Kelly got her a great snowsuit for this winter. She got it at a second hand shop and it is brand new, tags are still on it! She was so excited about it! She also got an adorable little jean dress and a really neat sweater.
Now Lydia is ready for snow...which they were calling for today in higher elevations. I haven't seen any yet, but we are by the river so we don't get as cold here. I am sooooooo very glad I don't have to drive in the winter weather anymore. I don't miss my job one bit! :) :)
Ok...Lydia is sleeping in her seat now so I'm going to take a shower and get ready to eat supper and go to church. :)

No comments: