The week of my family's visit went way too fast. :( They left this morning around 5:30. I did lots of laundry and cleaning today. I also moved our bed downstairs to the 'playroom' so we can close off the upstairs for winter. Tomorrow I'm going to bring down our clothes so we'll be all ready to live on one level. It will be different, but it'll be ok.
Here are some of my favorite pictures from the last week. I know some of them have already been posted but you can look at them again. ;) They are in no particular order...
Wednesday before church we had a "photo shoot". Here is our group photo:

Of course, Dad can't come without working on something around here. This time he managed to keep it to a minimum and actually enjoy his vacation. He and Jake worked on our heating system a little to make us able to drain the upstairs circuit. He also helped Kevin put in the new windows upstairs, which you will see later. And he found time to hang our border in the kitchen (which was my birthday present):

I think it looks ok, but it makes the room look smaller. Mom said it makes it look cozier since there was so bright with the cabinets and the walls being white. Now I really want my counter top and back splash done...oh, and the floor too. lol, one thing at a time. :) :) We got the star to hang above the sink to cover the hole from where the clock used to be. It fit there pretty well and now we don't have a hole in the wall anymore...well, we do but you can't see it. :)

Lydia is big enough to ride on my shoulders now. I think she liked it.

Grandbuddy and Grammy with Lydia on our walk at the Quechee Gorge:

Jake, Lydia and I being apples at the Cold Hollow Cider Mill in Stowe. My face looks so fat because I was in the middle of eating a doughnut. :)

From our photo shoot...Great Grandma and Grandpa with Lydia:

Our wonderful little family. I LOVE my family!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Oh, here are the windows Kevin put in on Saturday morning (with Dad)...the two in the upstairs. The old ones were green and let in lots of cold air. This looks much nicer and is lots more efficient. The best thing is that those two windows came out of the old porch when I tore it apart for the new dining room. They fit into those openings so we didn't have to buy new windows. cool. :)

Our family in Quechee:

Grammy and Grandbuddy with Lydia at the photo shoot:

The great grandparents playing with Lydia on their first night here:

Playing with Peanut before church on Sunday morning:

Uncle Joe holding Lydia for the very first time: :)

Lydia showing off her standing up skills on the back of the truck:

Lydia talking to her Daddy and Grandbuddy:

Great Grandpa holding Lydia: (notice she is touching his shirt...she touches things a lot now...she was touching Grandbuddy's face and grabbing his nose last evening. we took a great video of it but for some reason it wont play on the computer :( ) :

Great Grandpa helping to rake leaves in our yard:

The four generation shot. From Stine to Laughman to Clough...

Great Grandpa reading on the porch. He really enjoyed our Ranger Rick magazines. :)

My mom and her dad. I think this is a great picture:

Lydia smiling at her Grammy:

Off for a walk to the farm:

And thats it.
Now I have to get things together for Masters Club tonight. I usually do that on Thursdays but this week has been so busy I haven't done it yet. We are still on the story of Noah though so all I have to do is cut out some of the flannel graph characters. :) :) :)
Life is back to normal again. I can't wait for the end of December when we get to go see everyone in PA!!!!!! :) :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment