Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

In response to my post about saving money on food my friend Cara suggested that I post recipes on here too. So this is my first recipe post. I'm pretty sure this one doesn't meet any of the criteria from the saving money post since its a meat dish but that's ok, it is very yummy and easy. I got it out of the Quick Cooking magazine years ago.

Sweet and Savory Ribs
1 large onion sliced and separated into rings
2 1/2 to 3 lbs boneless country-style pork ribs
1 bottle (18 oz) honey barbecue sauce
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Place onion in a 5 quart slow cooker. Top with ribs. Combine all other ingredients and pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
(I like to serve these with twice baked potatoes...makes for a yummy, although not necessarily cheap, meal.)
In other news...my pizzas are in the oven cooking for my company. Including myself and Lydia there will be nine people here. I have to say I'm a bit nervous. I am not a social person and hardly ever have company. Part of me wonders what possessed me to invite seven people over for lunch. But most of me is happy to be able to provide lunch for them and I'm hoping it goes well. :) :)
Jake is in his second day of training today. He bought some disposable cameras at walmart so he can take pictures of things for me (and others) to see. :) :) I can't wait till Friday when we get to see him again. :)

1 comment:

cara said...

Thanks! I'll have to try this sometime.