We had a pretty layed back weekend. Its been rainy so there were no outside activities to do. Saturday we went to Rite Aid to have Jake's pictures from his trip developed. Did you know that Walmart no longer does one hour photos?? Silly huh? They said its not cost effective. Then we went and cleaned the missions appartment at church while we waited for our pictures. Then we picked up our pictures and went back to walmart to get a few groceries. Our food bill for this month should be pretty low since I didn't have to feed Jake for almost a week. ;) But I'd rather have him here and feed him than in Nebraska eating at restaurants. :)
Sunday we went to Sunday school and church in the morning then came home and had lunch. Jake cleaned up the shed and worked on the snow blower while I made a dessert and cleaned the kitchen. Then we went back to church for a nursery workers meeting, evening service then our monthly "food and fellowship". YUM! I think everyone at church really looks forward to our monthly food. Church ladies are the BEST cooks. :) :) The nursery meeting went fairly well. Since I am now "in charge" of nursery related things I feel I'm the one who will be 'blamed' for the changes...oh well. The only thing I think anyone has a problem with is some of the mothers who like to stay in nursery with their own kids instead of leaving them with the workers. There is now a "rule" that they must either leave the kid or take them to the service. I think this is a good rule but others do not. They say they can't leave their kid if they are crying. I suppose I won't get into my ideas on child-raising but I don't think they are doing the kid any favors by catering to them. :)
I spent almost all day today organizing clothes...baby clothes. I was given a BUNCH more stuff so I went through all of that and sorted by size and item (shirts/bottoms/PJs, etc). I then went through EVERYTHING and sorted out the things I didn't want anymore. I now have a small garbage bag full to go to good will, four boxes of 12 month+ sizes and a huge plastic thing full of outgrown stuff. The outgrown stuff is sorted by item and by boy and girl things. We have quite a few things that could be for a boy, I was surprised. I put those things on the top...guess I think we're having a boy next (but I thought Lydia was a boy too). :) :) It was odd, but it made me sad going through the clothes and seeing the cute little things that Lydia used to wear. She is growing so fast. I'm glad she is growing and happy and healthy but I can't help missing her skinny little chicken legs. :) :) :)
Well, Jacob is home from work early today. I believe we are going to try to go for a walk since its not raining at the moment. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment