Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

It was 38 degrees outside when I got up this morning!! They were saying there could be a frost this morning but Jake said there wasn't any when he got up. I'm not sure how cold it was then. Lydia and I didn't get out of bed until 8:30!!!! Thats the latest I've been in bed for a while. But Lydia was still sleeping and that was the warmest place in the house. The thermostat said 62 but I refuse to turn on the heat at the beginning of September! We just had our fuel tank filled and I'd like it to last a few months at least. Lydia and I will just have to bundle up around here for a while. :)
She had a good night last night and seems pretty good today so far. I'm thinking she might not like it when I eat tomatoes. I'm going to stay away from them for a while and see if that might help her.
Our neighbor, Ray, planted a big garden this year but then he went to Florida and left it. I have no idea when he is coming back so the other night Jake and I went over and picked all the stuff. I figured there was no point in letting it all rot or get frosted. We took most of it to church last night and gave it away. I froze lots and lots of tomatoes and some peppers and some zucchini and summer squash. I was going to try making pickles but then I read that using slicing cucumbers does not work as well as pickling cucumbers so I decided not to put all that effort into them if they were going to turn out soggy. Someone at church took them though and I think thats what she is going to do with them. I would really like to start canning things and putting more away. In the past most of the things from my garden I just ate as it came and froze a little. I'm going to plan next year to start doing some canning. I know it will help with our grocery bill and I do like to garden and cook. I'm going to plant pickling cucumbers for next year too so I can try pickles. :) Hopefully I have the ambition next year when everything is ready. :) :)
Did I mention that Master Club started last week? Tomorrow night will be our second class. Unless we get some new kids it looks like we are only going to have one boy on a regular basis in our class. It would be nice to have more than that but I'm glad we have him. I need to start getting our lesson ready for that today. We are going to learn about Adam and Eve this week. :)
Well, Lydia should be waking up soon to eat then we're going to take a nice long walk in the crisp fall air. :)

No comments: